Recently diagnosed with prostate cancer? Trying to decide on your treatment?
Maybe you need a Buddy? What is a Buddy?
• Someone local who has been diagnosed with prostate cancer.
• Someone who is happy to share their experiences confidentially with another who is seeking support.
• Someone who will listen and give objective support.
• Someone who can signpost to trustworthy sources of information.
• Someone who has undergone training as a buddy.
How can a Buddy help?
Buddies are not medical experts. They can give support to another man in one to one meetings or by telephone, giving you a confidential sounding board and helping you to think out loud. They won’t give you advice, opinions or judge you. They will help you understand your diagnosis, your options and potential consequences. They will help you to be confident and prepared for your medical consultations and to make the tough decision on which treatment is right for you.